1. Who is BROW & MAKEUP STUDIO?
BROW & MAKEUP STUDIO, wellness or other personal care services for independent providers of beauty services (Service Providers). We may also market our products and services.
2. What is personal information?
When we refer to personal information we mean information or an opinion about you, from which you are, or may reasonably be, identified. This information may include (but is not limited to) your name, date of birth, driver’s licence number, marital status, phone number, email address, address, nationality and employment history. If you are a Service Provider (or a prospective Service Provider), we will, with your consent, undertake a police check about you
Except as noted directly above, due to the nature of the services provided by us we do not collect sensitive information (such as information about your religion, trade union membership, political opinion, health, sexual preference or credit information).
3. How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect personal information about you if you choose to provide it to us. For example, if you send us an email to enquire about our Software, or provide us with information about yourself through the Software. We also collect personal information about you from third parties that you have authorised to provide us with this information. From time to time we may also purchase lists containing personal information about individuals from organisations offering such lists for marketing purposes. Our server automatically collects information about your use of the Software (Navigational Data). Navigational Data includes type of browser you are using, your IP address, the URL you have come from and the time spent at that URL, cookies and your domain type and server.
We use this information to monitor your use of our Software.
When you use our Software, cookies will be placed on your device to keep track of your use of our
4. How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to assist us in providing the Software to you, or to respond to your enquiries. We may also use your personal information for reasonably related secondary purposes, any other purposes you have consented to and any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act. This may include using your personal information for the following purposes:
to provide you with the products and services you have requested;
to verify your identity;
to assess, process and manage your application to work with us;
for complaints handling;
or data analytics purposes.
5. Will personal information be given to anyone else?
In the circumstances described below, personal information may be disclosed outside of our organisation.
Third party contractors and Service Providers Personal information collected by us may be disclosed to third parties to whom we contract out specialised functions and to Service Providers. If we do disclose personal information to third party contractors under outsourcing or contracting arrangements or to Service Providers, we take steps to ensure that those contractors and Service Providers:
1. comply with the APPs when they handle your personal information; and
2. are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by us. Disclosures required by law For legal reasons, other disclosures may need to be made to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisors or in accordance with other laws. Other disclosures We do not sell, rent or trade personal information to or with third parties. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us disclosing your information to the entities set out in clause 5.1 or 5.2 without obtaining your consent on a case by case basis. We may from time to time transfer personal information outside Australia in accordance with the Privacy Act to countries whose privacy laws do not provide the same level of protection as Australia’s privacy laws. For example, we may transfer your personal information to the Asia-Pacific, European Union or the United States of America. We may also use cloud storage and IT servers that are located offshore. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us disclosing your information to entities located outside Australia and, when permitted by law to do so, on the basis that we are not required to take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that any overseas recipient complies with Australian privacy laws in relation to your information.
6. Direct marketing
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with products and services, special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company we are associated with. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using your information to contact you on an ongoing basis for this purpose, including by mail, email, SMS, social media and telephone.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
7. Updating your personal information
It is important to our relationship that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If at any time you are of the view that personal information about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, please write to us with your request for correction. Our policy is to consider any requests for correction in a timely manner.
8. Access to your personal information Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information which we hold about you (subject to the limited exceptions set out below). If you wish to exercise your right under the Privacy Act to seek access to the personal information that we hold about you, we ask that you write to us and we will explain how we handle your access request. We may charge you for the cost of providing access to these records.
9. Denied access to personal information
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information. For example, such a situation would be information relating to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding with you, or if your request is vexatious. An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to your personal information we hold.
10. Is personal information stored safely?
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by us from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Our IT systems are password protected and comply with our security standards, and if personal information is held on paper files, it is stored in premises that are locked when unattended.
11. Third party websites
Sometimes our Software contains links to other websites and mobile applications, for your convenience and information. When you access a website through our Software, please understand that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
12. Further information and complaints
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information or lodge a complaint by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will deal with any complaint by investigating the complaint, and providing a response to the complainant within a reasonable time, provided that we have all necessary information and have completed any investigation required. In cases where further information, assessment or investigation is required, we will seek to agree alternative time frames with you.
13. Contacting us